Squeak MIDI and Mac Serial Ports

Stefanie Thies thies at hni.uni-paderborn.de
Mon Feb 8 12:17:52 UTC 1999

Hello!

I don't know if this helps, but I find some information about this.

The QuickTime MIDI software synthesizer is transparently integrated
into OMS (Opcode's Open Music System) via a special OMS driver. However,
only the Squeak VM modified for Siren seems to support OMS for the Midi
primitives. The standard Squeak VM (at least upto 2.3) is limited to
the serial ports reported by the Communication Toolbox, thus no
QuickTime
Midi support there.

OMS
  was installed with QuickTime driver, and this driver is turned on in
the
  OMS studio setup.
- Squeak 2.3 (standard VM) sees only serial ports (including my PC Card
modem
  in my PowerBook)

Stefanie Thies       email:   thies at hni.uni-paderborn.de
Hainteichstr. 13     phone:   05251/606469
33613 Bielefeld      fax:     05251/606212