There's memory bandwidth and there's memory transaction thruput

R. A. Harmon harmonra at webname.com
Tue Feb 16 15:42:42 UTC 1999

At 08:28 AM 2/16/99 -0000, Peter Crowther wrote:
[snip]
>[From someone who *still* has a 1st edition Amiga hardware reference manual
>on his shelf at home... and the vintage 1984 A1000 to go with it...]

Almost cried when I read that as I too was a vintage 1984 A1000 Amiga owner.
I passed it on to my sister.  It still rocks and rolls Marble Madness.  I
don't think the WinTel platform has caught up yet to the 1984 A1000 Amiga.
I think Commodore shot themselves in the foot, and then decided the best
next move was to get a bigger gun, and do it again.

I's still and amazing machine, and my favorite.

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"
harmonra at webname.com           E. G. McCarthy