[FIX] InterpreterSimulator, SystemTracer, and UnixFileDirectory

ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Wed Feb 3 23:19:27 UTC 1999

> >   The second is that initCompactClasses in SystemTracer
> > should be consistent with compact classes of the 2.3
> > release.
> Whilst it is better if it is consistent, this is not the whole problem. I've
> been playing with cloning (again) to do a final 2.3 version of the new
> CompiledMethod stuff we talked about some time ago. I found Strings that swore
> they were ClassOrganisers because of the changes in compact class indices! Now
> that causes some fun bugs, let me tell you.

  I was pretty sure you have something to tell about the
SystemTracer:-)

> Oh, another bug in the cloner right now is that contexts
> will get cloned as the size up-to-the-SP rather than the
> fixed 38 words they need to be. More curious behaviour
> than you could want follows from that little bug!

  Wow, I'm new to using the SystemTracer and I would fall
into big trouble if I don't know this.  Thank you.

                                             OHSHIMA Yoshiki
                Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
                               Tokyo Institute of Technology
P.S.
  What do "sumeru" means?  It can be interpreted as a
japanese word:-)