Windows MIDI utilizes software MIDI, not Mac

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 2 18:22:42 UTC 1999

Thanks for the URL -- note that they're only PROPOSING to change the
regulations now.

Boosting power would help, but we'd also need a decent antenna and more RF
knowledge than we Squeakers have :-)

Seriously, the JukeBox idea is an alternative to streaming audio.  It's
cheaper/easier/better-quality to send around the MIDI than to stream the
played audio.  We just need a decent MIDI synthesizer on each platform.
We're also looking into how we can make the Squeak MIDI synthesizer better.

Towards that end, has anyone figured out how to create a new instrument for
the Squeak MIDI Synthesizer?  We tried to do that last week with the
EnvelopeEditor but couldn't get the process right.

Thanks for all the good comments!
  Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu