Need help building 2.3 VM.

Bill Cattey wdc at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 19 23:43:08 UTC 1999

Nobody ever replied with my questions about building the VM under SGI IRIX.

While waiting, I experimented building under Solaris 2.6.
The VM build there is apparently successful but has two consistent bad
behaviors:

	Attempting to enter Play With Me 3 (16 bits) hangs the VM and ALT .
cannot interrupt.
	Running the B3DBox demo displays NOTHING, and the X cursor disappears.
(IE no cursor is shown when the mouse enters the Squeak Window.)

I presume folks were deferring to Ian for answers to build questions,
but he seems pretty swamped, so I'd be grateful if others would chime in.

Note also:  I updated my source to take Ian's latest redefinition of
ioMicroMSecs.

Is there something else that needs to be touched before a completely
happy VM is built?

-wdc