Microsoft shopping for Java alternative

sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Sat Feb 13 19:27:55 UTC 1999

Hi...

>I think the biggest failing of smalltalk has been that there is just so
>much you have to learn before you can be even minimally productive.. and
>that's a disincentive for all but the stoutest soul.

Yep, the greatest problem is the critical mass needed to understand. It's
much bigger than any other language's. Nevertheless, there's a phrase in
Spanish that is used for this kind of situations...

"El que quiere celeste, que le cueste"
<He who wants it to be light blue, needs to work some to get such hue>

This also has to do with managers. Lower the costs immediately = C++. And
most managers really don't understand anything about computers (something like
neither "computer vendors and manufacturers" - Alan).

Andres.