Direct color rendering

Andres Valloud sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Fri Feb 26 22:27:15 UTC 1999

Hi.

I've implemented the direct color rendering because I wanted to know if I was
doing things ok. The results are TERRIFIC! Even using just 256 colors, a true
color plot I did to test looks almost the same!!!

I did things this way. First I get colors from the friend Heckbert in 2 seconds
flat. Then for each pixel of the source I compute the closest quantizated color
and replace it. I cache all results to speed up things. All in all, in a couple
of minutes I had a passed test for the whole thing.

Now I'd like to see if I can make it with BitBlt...

Andres.