Bug Report/ Bug Fix

John-Reed Maffeo (rlpa80) rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com
Sat Feb 6 05:39:36 UTC 1999

I ran across a bug while filing in a program called Gnats.st
that I found on the UIUC Smalltalk Archive. There was an imbedded
exclamation point in the comment which appears at the head of
the file.

I don't know if this is the best way to fix the problem but it
seems to work correctly.

Comments appreciated - I am but a lowly worm.

Best Regards,

John-Reed Maffeo
Mesa, AZ

'From Squeak 2.3 of January 14, 1999 on 5 February 1999 at 10:27:04 pm'!

!Parser methodsFor: 'error handling' stamp: 'jrm 2/5/1999 21:19 Added test for encoder isNil.'!
notify: string at: location
	requestor isNil
		ifTrue: [(encoder == self or: [encoder isNil]) ifTrue: [^ self fail  "failure setting up syntax error"].
				SyntaxError
					errorInClass: encoder  classEncoding
					withCode:
						(source contents