Squeak 2.3 Now Available!

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Fri Jan 15 21:10:32 UTC 1999

.... on the UIUC server.  It's stored as
	readme
	image
	changes
	Mac PPC VM
	Mac 68K VM
	and also a stuffit archive with all of the above in it.

It should run with an old VM (we took some pains), but the new VM is 20-30% faster.  Also the old VM may fail some primitves and thus make the cool Flash and TrueType demos very slow.

There is much to be said about this release, but no one has written any of it.  I will do my best either this evening or on the plane tomorrow to summarize the features and tell you a few things you would want to know.

I hope this all holds together well.  I apologize for the delay in this release and for the flagrant abuse of "beta" status.  We'll be better next time -- really.

The Squeak Team will be at an offsite planning meeting for the next week.  We will all be tuned in to email, though, and capable of responding to any serious problems, should they show up.  At the end of the week, I or someone else will summarize where we are planning to go in the next 6 months to a year, both to give you some sense of direction, and possibly to serve as a seed crystal in organizing the many interesting projects already in progress out there in Squeak-land.

Enjoy

	- Dan (for The Squeak Team)