Q: DataStream for in ram serialization, or?

"G–ran" Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:53:34 UTC 1999

Hi everybody!

I am really getting into Squeak and thought I should try to whip
something interesting together and why not some sort of "Squeak RMI"?
The usual technique by subclassing nil for proxies etc. seems to be
the way to go and then looking for serializing code I found DataStream
which I thought could be easily used together with some Socket stuff.

But that class seems to be tailored for file writing and reading, or
am I wrong?
Is DataStream (or descendant) the way to go? Or perhaps it should be
tweaked a bit so that it can be used together with Sockets etc? Any
thoughts?

I have not dug around too much so perhaps I am missing something.

regards, G–ran

===
G–ran Hultgren   | goran.hultgren at inspire.se | OO Consulting
Inspire          | Hem: +46 8 54022950       | http://www.inspire.se
Karlav”gen 18    | Mobil: +46 708 813936     | icq#:6136722
114 31 Stockholm | "All my opinions are MINE, MINE, MINE!!!"