Windoze incompatible with Morphic? (Was: Quick question on "World " in Morphic, etc.)

wirth at almaden.ibm.com wirth at almaden.ibm.com
Thu Jan 14 23:33:46 UTC 1999

Scott,

Thanks for the following useful lead:
-----------

>... But I wasn't able to use your (Dan's) code as written -- I
>couldn't evaluate "World" (or any variant of it that I tried) in the
>workspace...

It sounds as if you're operating in a morphic window in an mvc project.
"World" is only non-nil when you're in a pure morphic project; in an mvc
project, there can be multiple sibling morphic worlds open concurrently

Looks like the problem I was having evaluating "World" in a Morphic
workspace was related to the fact that I had Sam Adam's Windoze code
loaded.  So my "Morphic World" window had a non-standard (to Morphic)
structure.  I tried Dan's example code again in a non-Windozed image and
everything works as advertised.  (Note: I haven't exhaustively checked this
so that I can definitively say my problem was due to Windoze.)

Thanks for the lead.

Mike Wirth

PS for Sam: Have you tried your code in Morphic?