AW: SqueakPages with requisite FileIns

Torsten Bergmann Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Thu Jan 21 20:15:32 UTC 1999

Place a link to a fileIn on the Squeak page would help.
An URL morph represents a URL for a SqueakPage. It displays the
thumbnail
for the associated page, if available. Used in page sorters and for
bookmarks.
Open your browser and look for class URLMorph. The class is commented.

Providing informations as kind of books is very cool! But a book only
displays pages in a sequence. What if we create a special class for
these page
URL's (for instance UPLMorph - Uniform Page locator) so that we can
embed another morph into it? Then the UPL-Morph should get transparent
(like
the BackgroundMorph if you embed another morph) and if you click on the
embedded morph the referenced page (given by the UPL) is opened from the
web.
The pages can include any morph object as static morph or as refernce to
another page - that's what I call real WWW.
So any morph can act like a hyper(morph)-link. With this technology we
are able to
create Web-Pages without the layout restrictions of HTML.
Interactive pages with animations, pictures, sound, ...
What do you think about this ?

By the way - there is an interesting SWF-File
on:ftp.cs.technion.ac.il/pub/courses/electronic.pub/noimark/Seminar.swf

And a nice cartoon on:
ftp.fred.net/pub/users-www/bhustead/shock/episode1.swf
ftp.fred.net/pub/users-www/bhustead/shock/episode2.swf
ftp.fred.net/pub/users-www/bhustead/shock/episode5.swf

Bye
Torsten