Good references covering Smalltalk-80

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Wed Jan 6 20:30:06 UTC 1999

There's a recent ('97) book entitled "Smalltalk by Example" by Alec Sharp
which would presumably contain a lot of examples, although I haven't read
it myself.  It's available at amazon.com, although you may want to flip
through it at a bookstore first.

Also, for a step-by-step tutorial with examples, it's hard to beat the
tutorial which came with Smalltalk/V (now Smalltalk Express, only
available for Windows).  The concepts carry over to other Smalltalks quite
well.  (Although it would be great if there were a tutorial this good
available for Squeak.)  The tutorial is on the web at:

http://objectshare.com/se/stexpdoc/index.htm

(Smalltalk Express is also available for free from objectshare.com.)

- Doug Way
  dway at mat.net
  dway at transom.com
  http://www.transom.com