How difficult is multiple inheritance?

L. M. Rappaport rapp at lmr.com
Sun Jan 3 14:50:49 UTC 1999

On Sat, 02 Jan 1999 16:40:56 -0800, you wrote (with possible editing):

>ParcPlace tried MI about 10 years ago - lasted one or two minor revisions
>and then they gave it up.
>
>I think interfaces would be a better idea.

Assuming interfaces == AOP == "true delegation", I agree.

"True delegation" where the self of the delegatee becomes the self of
the delegator allows you to implement a form of "horizontal"
inheritance, a more powerful form of composition.

There was some talk of it appearing in Visual Works 4, due out in Jan,
but it didn't make the cut.  It's also being considered for Visual
Age.

Larry
rapp at lmr.com