Working with InterpreterSimulator

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at kiel.netsurf.de
Wed Jan 6 18:21:49 UTC 1999

>     Has anyone recently worked with the the InterpreterSimulator?

Yes, yesterday :-)  I'd no problems with 2.3beta on Windows after I fixed a
couple of errors.  It seems that on little endian machines (like Windows)
the bytes are swapped twice.  I've attached my modifications to this email.

>InterpreterSimulator(ObjectMemory)>>ObjectAfter
>which is called from InterpreterSimulator(Interpreter)>>byteSwapByteObjects.

Yeah, that's the error I also encountered.

>Should I just work from within C instead?

I tried. Believe me. Don't do it :-)

>       Also, to use the InterpreterSimulator realistically, do I
>need a special image?

No, just make sure that you're not using your current image, because it
seems that the changes files can't be shared between both images, even if
you don't change anything.

bye

Attachment converted: Anon:InterpreterSimulatorPatch.4Janu
(????/----) (00005DAE)

--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Are you ready to discover the twilight zone?