Expert Systems and Squeak

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Sat Jan 9 17:55:42 UTC 1999

Sam Adams <ssadams at us.ibm.com> wrote...

>There's also the old Smalltalk/V Prolog system, but I think that had some
>special Digitalk dependencies.

This was an elegant integration of Prolog into Smalltalk, written by Mike Teng.  It was dependent on the Digitalk Compiler and Contexts, but this made it very small, and should not be hard to port, regardless.  I wrote to Mike and he was nice enough to supply the code for the compiler extensions.  The rest of it can be found on the old Digitalk disks.  I (or probably Mike) could locate that code without too much trouble.  If there is anyone out there who knew this system at all well, they could probably do the port to Squeak without much trouble.  Mike has offered to help, but we are both pretty busy right now.

	- Dan