problems building 2.2, 2.3beta under Solaris 2.6

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Jan 22 22:21:19 UTC 1999

On Fri, Jan 22, 1999 at 04:25:41PM -0500, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> I just tried to build both 2.2. and 2.3beta under Solaris 2.6.  In both
> cases, the builds quit somewhere in the middle with undefined symbol
> errors.  Any thoughts on how to proceed with porting to 2.6 (I'm not much
> of a C person - most of my coding days were spent in assembler and
> higher-level languages).

marcus at irafs1(~/squeak-vm-2.2/$ uname -a
SunOS irafs1 5.6 Generic sun4d sparc

I typed "make mkdir" and then "make", and it compiled without an error.

compiled with gcc:

marcus at irafs1(~/)$ gcc --version
2.7.2.3

I've put the binaries (headless and X) at:
 http://www.ira.uka.de/~marcus/SqueakVM.tar.gz

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de fon at home:(0721)614235 @work:(0721)608-2749