problems building 2.2, 2.3beta under Solaris 2.6

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Mon Jan 25 09:08:41 UTC 1999

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Thanks Marcus!
>
> i. the versions you compiled worked fine when I downloaded them
>
> ii. I played a little more and got things to build on my machine.  It's a
> bit embarassing, but what I think happened was:
> - the first build I tried failed because gawk wasn't installed
> - after installing gawk, I got all kinds of undefined symbol errors during
> the make
> - after a make clean and starting from scratch, everything built
> - I think the earlier failed builds must have left some files in funny
> intermediate states.

Same happened to me - I forgot to chmod +x util/*

This left an *empty* interp.c in the src/ directory, which didn't produce
much code X-) Maybe Ian could change the Makefile to check for an empty
interp.c, or better yet, check if the utils are executable?

Bert

--
 Bert Freudenberg                                            Department of
                                                            Simulation and