headless version for Unix

Georg Gollmann gollmann at zid.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 22 08:23:00 UTC 1999

At 1:49 Uhr -0500 22.01.1999, Miles Fidelman wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>I've recently started playing with Squeak on the Mac, with some thoughts
>of using it for a few client-server applications.  The thing is, the
>server side would have to run on a Solaris box running out on the net - no
>X-term access.
>
>So... I was wondering if anybody has tried any kind of headless port to
>the Unix environment.

Compile with -DHEADLESS and you are set. For further information go to
http://macos.tuwien.ac.at:9009/Server.home and search for "headless".

Georg
----
Dipl.Ing. Georg Gollmann                   TU-Wien, EDV-Zentrum

phon:(+43-1) 58801 - 42022
fax: (+43-1) 58801 - 42099
mail:gollmann at zid.tuwien.ac.at
http://macos.tuwien.ac.at/Gollmann.html