How difficult is multiple inheritance?

Tom Morgan tmorgan at acm.org
Sun Jan 3 01:21:23 UTC 1999

Alan Kay wrote:

> Folks --

   <snip>

> I have been a big fan of this general approach since Goldstein got it
> running. There are also a wealth of other terrific ideas in their papers.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alan

Oh boy, are there ever.  I tracked down some of these papers. One
of the other really good ideas is a versioning mechanism, for almost
everything.  Versioning usally get done as an after thought.  It
really needs to be done as part of the plumbing from the start.

   ...Tom M

--
+---Tom Morgan ------------------------------ (tmorgan at acm.org) -----+
I   Brooklyn Union                          Phone: 1 718 403 2427    I