MorphicWrappers news

Leandro Caniglia caniglia at dm.uba.ar
Sat Jan 30 14:16:38 UTC 1999

>How do I play the tapes?  I'm playing with EventRecorderMorph, but can't
>figure out how to start it on one of the tapes.

Method I
1. Enter into a Morphic Project.
2. Type EventRecorderMorph (on the air) and hit enter. The class wrapper
appears.
3. Place the hand over the class and type: self lessonOne <enter>

Method II
1. World menu/new morph.../wrappers/EventRecorderMorph. An ERM appears.
2. Click on the readTape button. A red box appears.
3. Type the String 'MWLessonOne.tape' and hit enter. (I'm assuming that the
tape file is in the Squeak directory)
4. Drop the String into the red box (it takes a while).
5. Rewind and play.

There is also a lessonTwo.tape showing how to use MW as a programming
environment.

--
Note. With MW you can name any morph and use that name to refer it when
writing on the air. There are two cases:

1. If the Morph is a MW, just place the hand over it and write name _ self
<enter>
2. If the Morph is not a MW, open the red halo menu, select <talk to me>,
and write name _ self <enter>

Leandro

PS: Mark. Many thanks for trying MorphicWrappers!!!