Expert Systems and Squeak

Stephen Travis Pope stp at create.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 8 16:49:51 UTC 1999

While we're listing AI tools in Smalltalk, let's not forget Paul Alderman's
"Harmonic Analysis Tool" (HAT), a real-time interactive rule-based music
analysis engine (i.e, you play chords on a MIDI keyboard and it analyzes the
chords and then the harmonic progression). Its rule/rule-base/inference-engine
framework is quite general, and should be applicable to many other domains. HAT
was included in several versions of my MODE toolkit. Its kernel is portable to
Squeak, but the GUI tools are ObjectWorks-specific. If there's general interest,
I could post the HAT source to my web site separate from MODE.

--
stp

_ Stephen Travis Pope
_ stp at create.ucsb.edu,  http://www.create.ucsb.edu/~stp/