naming releases

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at launchpados.com
Fri Jul 16 00:05:42 UTC 1999

This appears to be a slight variation on the version numbering scheme used
by Apple and many of its third party developers, which I have personally
used at a couple of companies over dozens of products with great success,
directly supported by the 'vers' resource and editable by tools like
ResEdit, thus encouraging standardization.

If we're seriously looking for something to replace the current system with
only  a slight detour, I would agree with Craig that something like this is
a pretty good candidate.  I would also propose that such a scheme be
supported by the stock image with appropriate classes as we evolve toword
better version management and
modules/packages/namespaces/isolations/whatever.

-- Duane