walking man

Jeff Pierce jpierce at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 22 14:46:03 UTC 1999

At 09:18 PM 7/21/99, Mark Guzdial wrote:
>Is there any way to actually write methods for actors?  The scripting model
>embedded in the window is really cool, but I'd like to be able to use
>browsers, inspectors, and debuggers.

It's a Planned Capability (tm).  I'm creating a class for each actor on the
fly so that eventually you'll be able to create new methods for each one. I
just haven't had time to integrate the actual ability to "teach actors new
behaviors" yet.  In theory you can do this now, I suppose.  Just figure out
what the current class of an actor is and browse it.

>Also, is there a way to have the camera window with the Wonderland window
>hidden or even eliminated?

Sure, just evaluate:

w getEditor hide

Although if you want to get it back I'd recommend keeping a handle on the
workspace outside of the editor.  ;)

Jeff