[ENH] One-click executables

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Wed Jul 14 01:22:16 UTC 1999

> > I started to implement support for storing additional files along with the
> > VM file, eventually being able to create a one-click executable.  The
> > current state is a proof of principle. It works on Windows.  However, I'd
> > like to know whether the same approach would work on other platforms, too,
> > before I continue.
Well, it won't work for Acorn, but that's alright since it doesn't need to; all
I need to do is include the desired file(s) int an AppDir and its done...

I think Mac could simply include all the files as resources, though some Mac-
specific startup code would be need to extract the stuff when needed. The
'files names' could be put into the attributes list accessible from the
#getAttribute: protocols.

--
IBM: Incredibly Big Manufacturer
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)