[BUG][FIX] Acorn filedirectory name length fubar

Steven Salter salter at chrontech.com
Wed Jul 21 15:46:44 UTC 1999

It's your mailer that's giving up, I think. The file comes to me with a
name, although the name as displayed has a chevron (I think that what
they're called) in it, which I doubt is a valid character for many file
systems.

Filename as saved on NT: AcornFD-nameLengthFix.20Jul558p .dat

                                                         ^ the chevron (>>)
was just before the full stop.
HTH someone,

Steven Salter, MCSD