PlugableTreeList Sort of Thing?

R. A. Harmon harmonra at webname.com
Tue Jul 27 14:23:14 UTC 1999

At 09:38 AM 7/25/99 -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
>On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 08:21:48AM -0700, Laurence Rozier wrote:
>>
>> "R. A. Harmon" wrote:
>>
>> > Has anyone done in Squeak a PlugableTreeList sort of thing. It would show
>> > the nodes and leaves, and as a bonus the user could expand or contract
nodes
>> > to show or hide sub-nodes and leaves?
>>
>> Bob's ObjectExplorer has what you're looking for ...
>>
>>  http://www.charm.net/~arning/ObjectExplorer.21Jun359pm.cs
>
>Excellent. I just happened to have been working on something with a large
>tree of objects, and ObjectExplorer provides the perfect way to browse
>the tree. Thanks Bob.

I checked it out and ObjectExplorer is an outstanding piece of work.  I
second the "Thanks Bob".

I'd like to use MVC instead of Morphic.  Can I just add a
BobsHierarchicalListMorph as I would a PluggableListView to my
StandardSystemView topView, or do I have to write a
PluggableHierarchicalListView to mirror the behavior of
BobsHierarchicalListMorph?

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"
harmonra at webname.com           E. G. McCarthy