[BUG] Updates/ClassBehavior

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Wed Jul 28 11:59:03 UTC 1999

>My attempt to load succeeded all the way through and including the
>WorldState2 changeset.  However, after completing this, Squeak
>continues and attempts to load WorldState3, and the interpeter dies.
>This is continuously repeatable on my iMac, and the same results
>occur regardless of the interpreter used.
>
>Am I missing something?

Failed on several more attempts this a.m.

Instead tried to reload from a virgin 2.4c image, and all went well.
One fillip, however:

When I tried to load a few fileOut's from my then-pending 2.5 image,
ClassBehavior classComment:stamp: whined with a Message Not
Understood classComment: as variable "organization" was nil.

Didn't know much about this, so I tried commenting out the line
indicated below, and proceeded.  All went well.  After uncommenting
the line, a subsequent read of the fileOut succeeded.  Go figure.

Rather than offering the obvious fix of testing for nil organization
in the offending line, I think its best to defer to the clueful to
figure what is going on here.

---------

classComment: aString stamp: aStamp
	"Store the comment, aString or Text or RemoteString,
associated with the class we are organizing.  Empty string gets
stored only if had a non-empty one before."

	| ptr header file oldCommentRemoteStr |
	(aString isKindOf: RemoteString) ifTrue: [^ organization
classComment: aString].
	oldCommentRemoteStr _ organization commentRemoteStr.  <----
**** COMMENTED THIS OUT
	(aString size = 0) & (oldCommentRemoteStr == nil) ifTrue: [^
organization classComment: nil].
  . . .

---------