[ENH] Conditional halt

Michael Rueger Michael.Rueger.-ND at disney.com
Tue Jul 20 17:00:49 UTC 1999

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Unfortunately this does not work. At least with the Unix VM, this loop
> doesn't terminate when shift is pressed:
> 100 timesRepeat: [
>         self debug.
>         (Delay forMilliseconds: 100) wait
> It does, however, terminate, when shift is down AND a mouse button or
> another key is pressed simultaneously. Does this work on a Mac? Windows?

Hmm, I would consider this to be a bug in the Unix VM?
I tested it on NT, don't have a Mac (yet ;-) ).

> Also, I suggest a name like #shiftHalt or something alike because #debug
> is used otherwise in Squeak.

Hmm, yes, after I submitted the squeaklet I also found STP's #safeHalt
goodie.

Nevertheless I'll vote for including one or the other into the standard
release.

Michael

--

 "To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often."
                                            Winston Churchill