Mail archive at uiuc

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Wed Jul 7 19:29:03 UTC 1999

> To be forwarded to the right person (I don't know who administers the
> uiuc Squeak mail archive)--
>
> I have been monitoring the uiuc Squeak mail archive for a number of
> months. Beginning in May, some problems began to occur.

Unfortunately, there haven't been any responses to list admin requests
anytime in the last year or so... this list is pretty much running on
auto-pilot.  So, I wouldn't plan on seeing the archive fixed anytime soon.

The links to the uiuc archive should be removed from the www.squeak.org
page ASAP, and replaced with links to the other working archives.

> I don't know that there is any problems with the other Mail archive
> facilities. I haven't checked them
>   http://macos.tuwien.ac.at:9009/Server.home
>   http://www.egroups.com/list/squeak/

Both of these archives appear to be fine, since they do their own
archiving directly from the list.

- Doug Way
  dway at mat.net