[BUG][FIX] Acorn filedirectory name length fubar

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 23:46:45 UTC 1999

On 7/21/99 3:46:33 PM EDT, dwighth at ipa.net writes:
<< One possibility is in the HTML 4.0 doc:
 http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/sgml/entities.html >>

That's a good reference, exactly what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, the character which we were calling "chevrons," the reference
calls "guillemets;" the character codes referred to _do_ align with the
standard coding in such programs as MS Word, Excel, etc for («) and (»).

<!ENTITY laquo  CDATA "&#171;" -- left-pointing double angle quotation mark
                                  = left pointing guillemet, U+00AB ISOnum -->
<!ENTITY raquo  CDATA "&#187;" -- right-pointing double angle quotation mark
                                  = right pointing guillemet, U+00BB ISOnum
-->

Ah, such is life.
Jerry.