[ENH] Conditional halt

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Tue Jul 20 13:25:06 UTC 1999

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Michael Rueger wrote:

> attached is a tiny goodie which allows to insert breakpoints (halts)
> which only fire when the shift key is pressed.

Hallo Micha,

Unfortunately this does not work. At least with the Unix VM, this loop
doesn't terminate when shift is pressed:

100 timesRepeat: [
	self debug.
	(Delay forMilliseconds: 100) wait
]

It does, however, terminate, when shift is down AND a mouse button or
another key is pressed simultaneously. Does this work on a Mac? Windows?
Other?

Also, I suggest a name like #shiftHalt or something alike because #debug
is used otherwise in Squeak.

  /bert