Mail archive at uiuc

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 17:04:08 UTC 1999

On 7/7/99 12:45:04 PM EDT, esower at clearware.com writes:
<< (I have dates and copies of the
 > various files if anyone wants them).

 YES! I want them.    >>

Maybe it's not clear what I am talking about. Since I have been monitoring
the uiuc Squeak mail archive, I have regularly downloaded the file
'Squeak.tar.gz', and since I realized there was a problem I saved them. All
the _good_ stuff on uiuc archive can easily be obtained there. I don't have
anything but the saved .tar.gz files, and many of them are broken
(incomplete).

What I have is some _broken_ tar.gz files which may help someone do
appropriate detective work on why the .tar.gz files were not being created
correctly.  Since there are a number of them, and they're all large, we may
be talking about 25 to 35 MB. Anyone who wants them better convince me it
going to a good cause :-).  Probably best if I put them on a Zip-cartridge
and mail to someone wanting to do the detective work.

Jerry