Image splitting

Jesse Welton jwelton at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jul 15 17:34:42 UTC 1999

Andres Valloud wrote:

> What happens is that each project may depend on others, and may depende
> more or less on the base system too. So how about adding dependencies to
> change sets? In this way, a project is made to be dependant on another
> project, and when you file out the first all the dependant change sets
> are filedOut too IN THEIR CURRENT STATE, with a date stamp mark.

This kind of dependency information would also be nice if it could be
used to filter changesets from the update stream.  That way, one could
update from the server wihout running into problems encountering
updates to subsystems which have been removed from the image.  For
instance, if I were to remove (say) Balloon graphics from my image,
the automated update process should ideally skip any Balloon updates.
The same goes for Scamper, PWS, networking (just kidding), Morphic, or
what have you.

-Jesse Welton