[Interval Problem] 2 cents

Andres Valloud sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Fri Jul 30 22:23:21 UTC 1999

Hi.

> And get from late binding (which is the entire point of Smalltalk) to early
> binding (which is the entire point of C) since you can't override any
> immediate inst var accesses. Argh! How I hate this...

How many system classes refer to its variables by name? Why are there so
many accessors missing? How much would the image grow just because of
accessors? Would you like that in the small images? Why add so many
methods when the design does not make them necessary? And then, would
you use accessors even in Interval? I think that perhaps you think I'm
proposing this for every object... but nope.

& blah.
Andres.