Fwd: Quesa 0.0.2

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Wed Jul 28 12:01:26 UTC 1999

>Jeff,
>
>Interfacing a retained mode framework from Squeak is - in my understanding -
>a very, very bad idea.

.. . .

>So, what I think we really need to have is ultra-fast immediate mode
>rendering with a highly flexible retained mode framework behind it.

I'm pretty sure I worked out the gist of the meaning of these terms.
"retained mode framework" and "immediate mode" from the context.
However, a little knowlege is a dangerous thing, and I don't know
what I don't know about this stuff.  Accordingly, I'd be obliged if
someone would offer definitions so I can be sure.