ANSI exception handling

John Sarkela john_sarkela at 4thEstate.com
Tue Jul 13 13:47:30 UTC 1999

Hello Squeakers,

The Fourth Estate, Inc. is a new company formed with
the intention of bringing the power of publishing to the people.

We have developed an exception handler implementation
for Squeak that we are releasing back to the community.
We believe this implementation to be a simple(?!), yet complete
and portable implementation of the ANSI exception protocols.

We have reused Craig Latta's very ingenious technique
for capturing returns from blocks in the lowest
levels of our implementation. Thanks for an elegant
(though not obvious to the casual observer) solution
to a problem that is usually solved by special VM tricks.

A zip file containing the sources my be downloaded from

      http://www.4thEstate.com/apps/squeak.html

This represents the first in a serious of releases that
The Fourth Estate, Inc. has planned for the Squeak
community at large.

On behalf of the Deep Squeaking EHS authors here . . .
Cheers,

John Sarkela
VP Developer Relations
The Fourth Estate, Inc.