walking man

Luciano Notarfrancesco luciano2 at mail.ru
Thu Jul 22 20:36:12 UTC 1999

> At 09:18 PM 7/21/99, Mark Guzdial wrote:
> >Is there any way to actually write methods for actors?  The scripting model
> >embedded in the window is really cool, but I'd like to be able to use
> >browsers, inspectors, and debuggers.
>
> It's a Planned Capability (tm).  I'm creating a class for each actor on the
> fly so that eventually you'll be able to create new methods for each one. I
> just haven't had time to integrate the actual ability to "teach actors new
> behaviors" yet.  In theory you can do this now, I suppose.  Just figure out
> what the current class of an actor is and browse it.

This capability is very important. How are actor classes generated? There should be a hierarchy of actors. Some actors could be animals (with legs), and you teach them to walk. Special kind of animals could be humans, and you teach them to talk (showing a balloon with the dialogues, for instance).

Luciano.-