16-bit ints

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 13 21:45:43 UTC 1999

Currently, the C code generated from Squeak assumes that ints are 32 bits.  However, on some platforms this isn't so.

One way to deal with this would be to use things like INT32 and UINT32 instead of "int" and "unsigned int".  Then, specific platforms can redefine these macros, and the current ports (where int=32 bits) could just leave them as a default.

Has anyone made a start at something like this?  Is INT32 a good name?  I'm willing to do it, but I'd rather download something that already exists :)

Lex