Is sqeak 2.3 beta ready for Y2K?

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Fri Jul 2 06:41:03 UTC 1999

How old will you be on that birthday?  :)

Interestingly, to verify those dates, you would need to rely on some
algorithm, unless you happen to have calendars for the next mellinium handy
(and a lot of spare time).  So you would need to verify the algorithm in
Squeak with the algorithm accepted as an international standard.

Assuming that the arithmetic and algorithms in the Date class are correct
and that you have a reliable source (your OS, accessing primitives, human
entry) for dates and times, you should be safe.  Storage of the dates should
also be a non issue as long as there are no flaws in the internal
representation and external conversions.

- Stephen