Ad: instance Variables...

Edward P Luwish eluwish at uswest.com
Wed Jul 28 15:51:18 UTC 1999

I think this has something to do with the Namespace project at Whitestein.  Some time ago I sent out a proposal for implementing namespaces that basically added a namespace variable to every object in the system, and altered the behavior of the VM so that it would execute a method only in the namespace (or the super-namespace hierarchy) of the object that called it.  While this does not implement everything in the Namespace proposal (such as resolving references to system and class-wide objects like class variables and pool dictionaries), it is the most radical
surgical procedure of the project and can not be accomplished without altering the VM.