AW: Squeak for Mac

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Thu Jun 10 07:45:30 UTC 1999

>> What's your timetable? I haven't got around to releasing a 2.4 system
>> yet but I can assemble one for you reasonably quickly.
>TANSTAA time table ... Torsten is collecting all the material he can
>get, and makes a CD on request (at net cost price). Maybe later we find
>sponsors to produce a larger number of CDROMs. But before this, we have
>create some introductory material. And, it would be nice if the same CD
>would run on all systems with a CDROM drive.

That's right. I have no timetable. I create a CD on request and want to
keep it
up to date. Everybody can make a copy of this CD and give it away for
free.
We think this would help to get more people involved into Smalltalk.

At this time I also have interests from Austria, Belgium and Swizerland.
(Universities
and Smalltalk User Groups).

To Tim: I dont think you should create a 2.4 Acorn version in a short
time only for the CD.
	  It's better to have a stable version later. For now I included
the 2.3 version.
	  I included the sq32Full.zip from your stanford.edu directory.
	  Like Bert said, Acorns are very rare in Germany - so I can't
test it.

Thanks to all people working on Squeak
Keep on talking small

Torsten