[BUG]self activeHand returns nil when middle-clicking in debugger stack pane

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Wed Jun 16 01:50:43 UTC 1999

Hi

I have come across this quite a lot when running and debugging PWS.  I
haven't been able to nail it down yet.  I have been wondering whether it
has something to do with Morphic dealing with debugging a multi-process
image; but that's just unfounded speculation :)

It doesn't just happen in the debugger, but also in other windows.  If it
gets annoying, I just restart the image, and it seems to fix itself.

cheers,

Russell

>Has anyone else come across the following problem when working in a Morphic
>project?
>
>When a debugger  window is open and you middle click on the stack pane, your
>receive an error notification window
>
>Message not understood: lastEvent
>
>The traceback then looks like this:
>
>UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
>[] in PluggableListMorph(ScrollPane)>>yellowButtonActivity:
>MenuMorph(Object)>>ifNotNil:
>PluggableListMorph(ScrollPane)>>yellowButtonActivity:
>PluggableListMorph>>mouseDown:onItem:
>EventHandler>>send:to:withEvent:fromMorph:
>EventHandler>>mouseDown:fromMorph:
>[] in StringMorph(Morph)>>mouseDown:
>EventHandler(Object)>>ifNotNil:
>StringMorph(Morph)>>mouseDown:
>
>The currently executing method that sent the lastEvent message is
>
>yellowButtonActivity: shiftKeyState
>	| menu event |
>	(menu _ self getMenu: shiftKeyState) ifNotNil:
>		[event _ self activeHand lastEvent.
>		menu setInvokingView: self.
>		menu popUpAt: event cursorPoint event: event]
>
>It appears that self activeHand is nil.
>
>When I try to debug this further I get lots of error dialogs.
>
>Can anyone offer insights into debugging this problem?  I see it happen fairly
>regularly.
>
>-Mark Schwenk
> WellThot Inc.

Russell Allen