AW: Screen shots for Squeak.org

Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com
Mon Jun 21 07:51:20 UTC 1999

I think we should also make the pages at www.squeak.org more attractive.
If you look at www.javasoft.com and what the user will get when he
has downloaded the JDK you will also see a large difference. ;)

Yes - we should do some screenshots of the standard image and some
of advanced UI's too. Linux does the same. You know how a standard KDE
looks like and what you can do.
But we should also do screenshots of Alice and the other cool stuff
around. Thumbnailing such images for better downloading/selecting would
be nice. We should limit these images to 5, because we dont want a theme
page like www.theme.org, so that everybody thinks Squeak is a window
manager.

The pages should also describe a little bit what powerfull tools
you have in Squeak (PWS, SpeechSynthesis, Squeak Books, ...).
Downloadable Demos like Lucianos Speech-Demo-WAV file will also help to
get more users into Squeak.

Squeak.org should grow to the central Squeak site with all informations,
links, demos, downloads, ...

By,
Torsten