[BUG]self activeHand returns nil when middle-clicking in debugger stack pane

Mark A. Schwenk mas at wellthot.com
Tue Jun 15 14:24:54 UTC 1999

Has anyone else come across the following problem when working in a Morphic
project?

When a debugger  window is open and you middle click on the stack pane, your
receive an error notification window

Message not understood: lastEvent

The traceback then looks like this:

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
[] in PluggableListMorph(ScrollPane)>>yellowButtonActivity:
MenuMorph(Object)>>ifNotNil:
PluggableListMorph(ScrollPane)>>yellowButtonActivity:
PluggableListMorph>>mouseDown:onItem:
EventHandler>>send:to:withEvent:fromMorph:
EventHandler>>mouseDown:fromMorph:
[] in StringMorph(Morph)>>mouseDown:
EventHandler(Object)>>ifNotNil:
StringMorph(Morph)>>mouseDown:

The currently executing method that sent the lastEvent message is

yellowButtonActivity: shiftKeyState
	| menu event |
	(menu _ self getMenu: shiftKeyState) ifNotNil:
		[event _ self activeHand lastEvent.
		menu setInvokingView: self.
		menu popUpAt: event cursorPoint event: event]

It appears that self activeHand is nil.

When I try to debug this further I get lots of error dialogs.

Can anyone offer insights into debugging this problem?  I see it happen fairly
regularly.

-Mark Schwenk
 WellThot Inc.