Obsolete classes question

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Jun 9 20:40:08 UTC 1999

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:00:06 +0200 (METDST) Juan Cires Martinez <jcm at mat.upm.es> wrote:
>I'd like to know what is the standard way of dealing with the following
>situation: I renamed a class a couple of times and now methods that
>used to reference it reference AnObsolete...  I know I should recompile
>those methods, but is there a standard way of hunting them down and
>recompiling them?

Juan,

		Smalltalk browseObsoleteReferences

I didn't know this existed and the power of Squeak is evident in the ease with which I found it. There are several ways actually:

1. Select "Obsolete". Press cmd-shift-E and up pops a list of methods containing that string.

2. In a selector browser enter "obsolete" and hit return. Several selectors appear and these lead you to all you ever wanted to know about obsolete classes.

Cheers,
Bob