Source Code Problem

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at netsurf.de
Tue Jun 8 15:37:26 UTC 1999

>Oh No!  The FAQ strikes again!  :-)
>
>Try downloading the Sources file a third time, this time
>making sure you download it in 'binary' (not 'text') mode.

I wonder why this critical file is still downloadable in an uncompressed
format.  If you could get it only as a ZIP/GZ/sit file, it's not only much
faster to download but nearly all programs would be clever enough to do a
binary transmission.

Or why not provide a one-file installation including uninstaller and all
other bells and whistles?  At least on Windows, this should be standard.  I
think one of the companies that sells this installshield-like wizard
generators offers their tool for free for shareware or freeware authors.
(And yes, I'd volunteer to do this if needed ;-)

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust // Truth Until Paradox!