Source Code Problem

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Tue Jun 8 11:35:12 UTC 1999

>I'm new to Squeak, although I have been using SmallTalkMT for the last
>six months. I have downloaded V2.4c and I for about half of the methods I
>get no source code. Instead I get either garbage or in some cases parts
>of code variously in what looks like C and Pascal or Modula. Some cases
>cause an error when I select the method in a browser.

This is not the usual behavior.  Something in the source, image or
changes files is confused.

>I downloaded the SourcesV2 file twice so I believe I have the necessary
>configuration.

Some have had trouble loading text source files because their ftp
software attempts to fix crlf line endings and the like.  It is
crucial to download these files (though they appear like text files)
in binary mode.

>Does anyone have a suggestion as to what is wrong?

Perhaps you might start telling us which port you are using and on
what machine?