The Ultimate and (alas) Forever Newby... (was: Re: [BUG] Scamper and JPEG)

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Tue Jun 22 01:51:34 UTC 1999

(I'm probably an idiot ... so?)

Carl,

Let's see...
You ship a BASIC that's written in ST, if I understand correctly.
You have for how many years?
You are more portable than most, (Win & OS/2) even if it _is_still tied to
x86?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch,

I've been playing w/Squeak since (gulp - do I really want to admit this?)
1.2 and I still don't understand 90% of what happens in my image...

Alan Kay mentions metaclasses and I'm lost for three months...

Dan mentions using a bit of code that can be found on the main menu that I
missed for x number of years now?

And you complain that you complain too much???

Dude, I wish I had half that much of a clue.

William

Sorta PS:
(Now, before anyone starts getting onto me about this exagerated but true
statement:
a) I have not spent anywhere near the time I should in learning this - I
just have been barely able to figure out that I know I must...  :>
b) the latest rounds of tutorials have been a major help. As has been finaly
sitting down and _really_ reading  "A Taste of Smalltalk" only last weekend.
If I really do finally have a clue, you may see a morphic "towers" soon...)

> Scamper doesn't like the JPEG graphic (the one on top) on my web site.  Any
> idea why?
>
>   http://www.libertybasic.com
>
> -Carl

Live without fear; your Creator loves you     | William Barnett-Lewis
as a mother. Go in peace to follow the good   | mailto://wlewis@mailbag.com
road and may God's blessing be with           |
you always.                                   |
St. Claire                                    |