Temporary variables

Ian Trudel ian at monk.cgocable.ca
Thu Jun 17 21:46:09 UTC 1999

Hello,

I follow almost every thread on this mailing list. I see ppl arguing, ppl
writing neato stuff and I learn much throu this. But this 'Temporary
variables' thread looks concret examples-less.

Even back in my C code, I glanced to some statistical programs I wrote and
every functions are short and not many variables. Never goes up 10 lines per
functions, no more than 5 variables (gees, including parameters!). I don't
see real cases that I would need more than this, not even in Smalltalk. I
would realy like you guys argue on concret case that would need many
temporary variables and everything justified. I would at least feeling
learning something from this thread, yep.. something like
well-written/designed methods and so.

Thanks,

Ian

PS: matter of concretness, I can provide on demand my C code.. though, I
doubt it's any of interest here. ;;)